View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 21:16
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 305/240/165 Female 66
BF:55%/45%/20%
Progress: 46%

Just a thought - a 12 ounce slurpee cup with 11g carbs is (I think) the SMALLEST SIZE you can get! Maybe that's enough beverage for most adults, but, um, when I was actually buying slurpees I pretty much always went for the big sizes. Plus, 11g carbs is still too much for me to take in from a snack at one sitting! Especially from a totally artificial beverage.

For all of you who can drink it, I hope you enjoy them and they're very yummy. And I have to admit it's certainly progress and that's a very good sign.

Still, for me personally, I think I'm gonna have to file this one under "Manufacturers who have missed the point and/or finer details of the low-carb concept." Oh well, two steps forward, one step back!

I used to love Crystal Light raspberry ice flavor too. Drank gallons of the stuff, that and the lemonade. Then I figured out aspartame was eating my brain. Heh, I'm just a little bitter I suppose.

Anyway, to end on a positive note - if you go into 7-11, take a look at their carbonated clear fruit-flavored waters, I think they're 0 carbs, and the black cherry one is very good. Strawberry Kiwi is decent too. And no aspartame, unlike most of this kind of beverage.