View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-26-20, 08:38

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default High cholesterol, heart & carotid

I've been eating low carb high fat for quite a while now, and my doctor has been warning me for the last few years that my cholesterol is high.

So last week I had a possible TIA (went temporarily blind in 1 eye) & got tested. Found out my heart is fine, but my carotid arteries are severely blocked. I'm going to need surgery, which is scary because of the possibility of a stroke, but if I do nothing a stroke eventually is inevitable.

So the question - for all you health experts - is why is my heart fine & my carotid arteries screwed? Random bad luck or is there an actual reason for it? Hereditary is a possibility, even tho my generation & my parents' have had no problem. But 3 of my grandparents died of strokes/aneurysms. The last one died of cancer in his 80s.

Searching this forum I found a diet doctor article on changing my diet to lower my cholesterol (https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/cholesterol-basics) & will be working on it.

If anyone here has had carotid surgery, could you tell me about your experience? And was the diagnosis a surprise? I had symptoms for the last couple of months, but had no clue what they were symptoms of. Had I known I would have told my doctor about them earlier.
Sponsored Links