Thread: bummed out
View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Apr-07-03, 15:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/188/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 53%

I know, I know , I know!! I have a husband at home just like him. If I got hungry at night after dinner, he would say, "You're eating again?! You just ate two hours ago!"
(Oh!!! Is that what I was doing when I opened my mouth, inserted food and chewed?)
Finally I just told him he was a jack ass and when I wanted his opinion I would give it to him.

I figured that was nicer than what I really wanted to do with him.

I know how badly you want his support, but you probably won't be able to convince him to be more understanding or sympathetic no matter how hard you try. Some people are just born that way. I would go with the advice of not including him in the diet equation. And especially don't try to team up with him on a weight loss plan together. Men always lose faster than women and that will set you up for discouragement.

You may just have to stop talking about the diet with him. That's what I had to do. If he brings it up, give short, to-the point answers; don't explain or defend yourself; and agree with him whenever possible. Then change the subject quickly to something he really loves like football or NASCAR. His interest will probably dwindle away soon. But remember...if you don't want his criticism, don't ask for his praise either. Instead, come to this forum for that.
We will be your cheerleaders!!!

Good luck!
Amy Mc