Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 22:44

Plan: Zone
Stats: 151/129/128 Female 5'4"
BF:17.5%
Progress: 96%
Default Blocks

Quote:
Originally posted by headstrong
I’ve heard varying opinions on the 11 blocks I’m supposed to be consuming. Based on the calculations, I seems that’s all I should be having, but others I’ve talked to say that 11 blocks is the minimum and that I could probably stand to have more.

Where are you getting the the "varying opinions" and your calculations? You can use the BF calculator here: http://www.zoneperfect.com/Site/content/Calculator.asp
which will give you the correct block count for your LBM and your activity level.
Quote:
and that I could probably stand to have more.

You have stated previously you are not losing weight, however, the scale is not the best indicator of fat loss. Are your clothes fitting better? If not, the blocks you are consuming may be too many, not enough, or proportioned incorrectly. Also, be sure to consume enough H2O and never let more than 5 hours pass without eating. A B4 bed is also important.
Quote:
This is why I posed my question regarding how many blocks others get away with – if having one or two more than the book recommends effects them one way or another.

Your block count is based on your LBM and activity level. The amount of protein remains constant, while carbs may be slightly adjusted (up or down) and fat may need to be increased (never decreased). These adjustments are done once you're following the plan correctly and need hormonal tweaking such as lack of mental clarity, tiredness, hunger, plateau, etc.
Quote:
Or, if they also find their block allotment restrictive but have tips & tricks on how to stave off hunger

As I've stated in other posts, one should never be hungry if following the plan correctly. Post a menu or two for additional assitance.
Quote:
like eating more fish caps

Fish oil can have a dramatic impact on your body. More is not necessarily better. It should be treated as a drug and used accordingly.