View Single Post
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-19, 05:43
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

My interpretation of the "12 g" rule for foundation veggies is to help fill you up/slow you down and add variety, as well as to prevent people from trying to "game" the 20-g limit and trying to cram in a Hershey's kiss or some other crap during induction. If you don't want those veggies, just skip them.

I would avoid the V8. Pulverized, strained, high-tomato juice will hit your blood sugar quickly and that's what we want to avoid. I keep a mini can on hand for if I get hit with a hypoglycemic attack, let's put it that way. I wouldn't be drinking it to try to hit a questionable number target.

If I was doing induction this time of year, my veggie list would look a lot like Doreen's. Count me in as another seasonal eater, and I wouldn't be getting a lot of raw veggies. I'm all about soup, stew, chili, and curry this time of year. A couple of favorite products that weren't mentioned specifically: I like buying loose mushrooms, because I can just buy a few. I'd also keep on hand some cole slaw mix - it's great for a quick salad or for sauteeing. Cabbage and bacon is awesome, and there are tons of variations on crack slaw. Other fave products are the various frozen veggie mixes: California style, Thai mix, Asian mix, Italian mix. They're great as a stir fry, curry, or even just plain with butter/salt/pepper.

PS - your profile is sent stating that you're male. You can change that at the "User CP" link above on the left of the green tool bar, then "Edit Profile" on the left hand side. Unless you're a dude named Jessica, not judgin'.