View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 18:57

Plan: BFL
Stats: 151/142/? Female 5'9
BF:35%/23%/15%
Progress: 5%

Hi Crysti!
I haven't tried the Atkins cereal but I am a HUGE fan of flaxomeal, every flavor I've tried is so delicious, and the Keto Cocoa crisp is really good (I thought so anyway, I can't figure out why nobody else likes it!) The Keto hot cereal blueberry creme is pretty good too, a lot different than flaxomeal. Somebody else on the board said it's kinda like blueberry muffin mix and after having it for the first time yesterday, I have to agree! I found a recipe called "cream of almonds" that tastes a lot like cream of wheat if not better, you could try that. I used almonds ground in a food processor then tried it with almond flour (which I liked better... who knows why?) I might try substituting some water for some of the cream to cut down on the carbs somewhat.

Hot Cream of Almonds
Take 1/3 to 1/2 cup of our almond flour and add about 1/4 cup of cream, 2 packets of Splenda (and flavoring if desired). Place in microwaveable bowl and microwave on high for 20-40 seconds (depending on your microwave strenght), remove, stir and eat!

I've also had "Gram's LC granola" and really it's mostly nuts with some wheat bran and flax meal and splenda. I have some recipes for LC granola I found on this board if you want them. I put some in a bowl and add cream.. it's really heavenly except it's hard to stop at 1/3 cup.