View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 18:13

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Your title is so cute.

I remember thinking the same thing about upping carbs, especially when I was just starting OWL. In induction, two to three cups is not very much. I think Dr. Atkins gives that because his plan also allows splenda, cheese, cream, avocado, and olives, to name a few extras.

If you're light on the extras, you can practically eat all the low carb veggies you want. Have you happened across Fitday yet? It allows you to plug in your menu and it will calculate all your nutrition for the day. It's a bit tedious at first, but a handy tool for checking up on yourself.

To get up to 20 without dairy, eat those veggies!!! They're so good for you!

Past induction, of course, you'll find it easier to eat more since you have the choice of nuts, berries, higher carb veggies, and speciality low carb products. But for now, don't limit your veggies by measure, just by carbs.

Oh... and you mentioned your fat count being low. Why's that? You should up your fat with salad dressings, oil, and butter. Fat keeps you sated and will actually aid in the fat burning process. Don't be afraid of fat.