View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-19, 11:47

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Eliminating an inflammatory diet is key. Before I went strict low carb, I was waking up with sore finger joints and needed to stretch them to enable them to function. After about 6 months of consistent low carb, the joint pain and inflammation was gone. It's a WOE that can reduce inflammation, and my very low scores with hsCRP tests prove this is now the case.

I, too, have resumed running over the past 6+ months, as a visit to Dr. Mark Cucuzzella's running store in WVA resulted in a gait analysis and a recommendation of well-designed pair of running shoes to suit my style. Spurred by Mark's enthusiasm for running, I now mix in a cross country routine of running in a hilly environment where I take a run/power walk approach, and it's ideal for me at this stage of my life. No post-run pain and a fast recovery time indicates that the days of being hampered by inflammation are gone. I won't be doing the marathon distances that I ran back in the day, but these shorter runs are an excellent complement to my weekly workouts.

I firmly believe the referenced study has merit based on my experience, and the WOE recommended isn't simply limited to the knee joint. Good stuff!

Dr. Mark's website has lots of good information for those who haven't yet paid it a visit:
https://www.drmarksdesk.com/