Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 00:02

Plan: Zone
Stats: 151/129/128 Female 5'4"
BF:17.5%
Progress: 96%
Default Re: What is Tom Yesterday?

Quote:
Originally posted by headstrong
I've been on the Zone for a about 2 and a half weeks or so, and haven't seen any weight loss.

If you haven't already read "A Week in the Zone", you may want to pick up a copy ($7.00 paperback). It's a great "getting started" book.
Quote:
This wouldn't really concern me too much except for the fact that I went on Atkins for 3 months and was very dilligent and didn't lose weight on that either. Nothing on induction...so I went more and more extreme with the diet until I was basically on a fat fast for a month and still no weight loss.

Your metabolism is probably a little whacked out. It's going to take some time for it to get used to this new WOE.
Quote:
Could it be that the Zone could be just a bit too similar to Atkins

Atkins maintenance is the only thing that comes remotely close to Zone.

Quote:
I know the Zone doesn't obsess on calorie counting, but is more concerned with zone blocks... but the 11 blocks I'm supposed to have feels very restrictive to me (cuz I'm still hungry after most meals).

That's just not right. As I said earlier, post some menus for eval. 11 blocks is probably too low and you're probably not getting enough fat. How have you determined your block count?

Quote:
Could it be that the zone is really only effective because its actually just another a restrictive (low-calorie) diet? In other words, could it be that it has less to do with the RATIO of food eaten, and much more to do with the AMOUNT of food eaten?

When it comes to weight loss, it's both.