View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-19, 16:18
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome back, Ann. I remember you. All the best to you in 2019.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeAnn
Do we add fat or not? There is advice both ways and they both work for some.
You just answered your own question. My answer to that question would be to do what allows you to STAY ON PLAN. If limiting fat causes you too much hunger, don't do it. If you're feeling motivated enough to tolerate more hunger and you want to limit the fat, try it. If tracking every (expletive) gram of every macronutrient you consume is going to send you off the rails, don't do it! Anyone can white-knuckle their way through a miserable diet plan, but we've all been through that before and we know how it ends. Do what keeps you enthusiastic and sticking with it for your best possible health, which is not necessarily a ton of weight loss.

Myself, I like having various tools in the toolbox, so to speak. Sometimes it's deeply ketogenic, sometimes not. Sometimes I splurge on expensive stuff, sometimes not. Sometimes I feel like cooking, sometimes not. Since staring LC in 2002, I've lived in 3 different cities, had 2 different jobs with lots of different shifts, in 3 different relationships, and have been both financially blessed and dirt-poor to the point of crying myself to sleep. I live in the Great White North and have pretty serious SAD; and I've struggled with anxiety and depression since I was a teen. This has all required some regular adjustments to my eating plan. Keep reading, learning and asking questions so you can continue to adjust. Life ain't no straight line, that's for sure.

Quote:
Why doesn't IF seem to work for me?
Do extended fasts cause deficiencies?
You might need a new definition of "work." How are your blood sugars? Hunger? Strength? Inflammatory conditions like arthritis? Autoimmune conditions? Mental illness? Alertness? Quality of sleep? Energy? Immune system - are you getting sick ten times a year or no? Any signs of other degenerative diseases? To me, that's infinitely more important that the weight loss.

For your second question, putting on the moderator hat here, we do not support extended fasting here. The explanation is here.

(ETA) - Oh, and about the weird smell on your hands - were you in a public washroom? I've washed my hands and had some crazy scented soaps. I actually gave away some Bath and Body Works soaps to a friend that I knew loved the scent. She had said earlier that every time she washes her hands, she wants to lick them afterward. o.O I don't like smelling like food. That just weirds me out.

Good luck and good health.