Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 14:53
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi denali:
Quote:
I wonder if any of you meet with so much resistance towards your woe? and if you do, does it change the way you are thinking about your diet?

If it makes you feel any better, DH (an MD) started on Atkins' after we watched the interview on Larry King.

Generally, I don't say I'm on Atkins'. I just say I don't eat sugar and flour. Same thing, but it makes a psychological difference to so many people. I have run into situations where people have tried to argue that LC is unhealthy. So far, no one's ever won that debate b/c I'm always prepared with my answers. I could be better prepared, but I'm not a great debater in the face of anger. I get very uncomfortable.

My personal feeling (and experience) is that people who are vehemently against LC have no understanding of how insulin works. Did you ask the dietician what was so unhealthy about Atkins? Is sounds like something else was going on. People usually don't react like that. She surely needs to learn a little professionalism. I feel for you.

No, it doesn't change the way I think about my diet b/c I am a LC book junkie. I read everything I can get my hands on and it assures me that I'm doing the right thing. I got very unhealthy following a LF diet for 6 years, so I know in my heart that this is what is right for me.