View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 09:32

Plan: Zone
Stats: 151/144/135 Female 5'9"
BF:19
Progress: 44%
Talking Hi

Maybe it will give you some comfort to know, I too have been the diet fade whirlpool. Atkins, lost 20, gained it back the moment I stopped, Somersizing, just plain old gained b/c I loved her chocolate too much! And Body for Life I did lose, but felt I didn't have enough fat in my diet. So here I am, with you, in the Zone.

Quote:
what's IN that stuff that makes "meat" survive on a shelf for months?

YUCK, who knows?

I stopped using frozen meals and frozen veggies for that matter, for the same reasons, just not healthy to me. I think that's what makes the Zone so great. It's highly recommended to use fresh food, fruits and veggies. BUT what's great too is that during desperate times you can still grab a packaged meal while staying in the Zone. But fresh is so much better right?

Quote:
I suspect I'm "overeating" in the zone. I suppose I'm supposed to have 11 blocks, but I probably actually eat 13.

Did you measure yourself properly? I had this problem and finally measured myself correctly and found I was eating 2 more blocks a day then I should have been. Measure you waist below your rib cage and 1 inch above your belly button. Measure your hips around the widest part of your butt. If you are using the ACTIVE lifestyle you must be doing cardio for 1 1/2 hours a week or more, but under 2 1/2 hours and lifting weight for 30-45 mins a day for 3 times daily. (Someone please correct me if I am wrong) VERY ACTIVE is 2 1/2 hours or more of cardio a week w/ 3 times a week weight training.

Quote:
is it possible that by eating a block or two over would really stall the weight loss process that much?

A block or 2 more in my opinion use to be "nah, not really." But the Zone Coach taught me different. She said 2 blocks extra a day is a pretty big deal. (approx 100-200 extra cals a day in my opinion)

Now, for your snacks. I had the same problem as you so what I did was made 2 block snacks.

1 block before I workout in the morning
1 block right after I workout in the morning
2 blocks 1-2 hours after my post-workout meal
3 blocks for lunch
2 blocks for PM snack
3 blocks for dinner
1 block 1/2 hour before bed (that way you don't have time to get hungry, your too busy sleeping )

I hope my 2 cents helped a bit.

Lisa