#12   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 09:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/193/140
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Tanning/depression

I too have found that tanning helps a little in the long, cold winters here in MI, but, like most of you have stated, I still have many bouts with depression and really almost violent mood swings. I was on Wellbutrin last year around the same time but it didn't seem to help except for the first two days I started it because of the "high" you get from it. This sounds really bad, but I have taken a lot of diet pills (mostly the strong stuff like Xenedrine and Hydroxycut, which are pretty potent) while on this or any diet because it takes off the edge of leaving all of my comfort foods (carbs) behind. They give me enough energy to forget about wanting to lay down and sleep away my time or hate being at work or whatever the case may be. My husband recently told me about a major league baseball player who collapsed and died from use of Xenedrine because he had a heart attack, so needless to say, I am not to jazzed to take it right now. I desperately need something to help me out of my hole because I started Atkins Induction about 21/2 weeks ago and had to stop last week because I had nasal surgery and just couldn't swallow very well. I started back up on Wed. the 2nd and immediately sabbotaged my efforts that evening after being so perfect all day long. I've heard a lot of you are seeing therapists and I could probably do well with that, but I don't know where to begin and even if I did find one I don't know how I would tell my husband. He is a great guy but emotional issues are not his strong suit. He grew up in a very emotionally devoid household and was never shown much affection as a child. He acts very "hardened" a lot of the time and me going to a therapist would be like admitting "defeat" to my emotions. I'm sorry that I am rambling on like this, but I think it helps and I am new to the forum and I am not the most computer literate person and I don't "get" how to use this forum very well. If anyone has any advice on any of this, I can use all the help I can get.
Heidi