#12   ^
Old Sun, Aug-19-18, 20:14

Plan: Self-designed
Stats: 158/130/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Thanks!

Amy here!
Oh my gosh... I feel so loved! Thank you all for posting links to my blog and videos. I honestly try to be a source of calm and reason. Keto/low carb are exploding in popularity now, so there are more and more people putting information out there. In some ways, this is great, but as you all know, the more information that's out there, the more nonsense is out there, too. And for people who are new to this, there's no way to tell the truth from the garbage.

I don't envy anyone who's new. When I was new to all this, there was really one one forum (Low Carb Friends), and only a few books -- the ones from Dr. Atkins, himself, Protein Power, and maybe one other. I can't imagine being new now, and trying to sort through the AVALANCHE of information out there now, most of which makes this so much more complicated, confusing, and expensive than it needs to be. I am constantly telling people to go back to a good ol' Atkins induction or Dr. Westman's "page 4." (Depending on the goal and individual situation, but for most people who come to me, that's the most effective thing they can do, at least to start out, or if they've been doing keto for a while -- or what they *think* is keto, but have not been getting results in terms of fat loss.)

Thanks again for the support and kind words. The internet can be so ugly sometimes. I try to stay above that and not make personal attacks on anyone or outright insult anyone, but if you follow me on Twitter, every once in a while something gets the best of me and I just have to tell it like it is. ;-)