View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 20:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 318/243.4/160 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:60%/41.85%/23%
Progress: 47%

LOL Liz!!

It's funny you should mention this because I experienced it today with my sister. My sister and I have been diet buddies in the past so It really wasn't rude of her to ask and besides that she lives in Florida and I live in Chicago so it's not like she can guess

Anyway, I had told her I lost 50 lbs and she thought that was amazing. Then she asked how much I weigh now and I thought..."uhhh do I really want to say??? She's going to do the math!" (She has a weight problem too but she's much shorter and has more of an apple shape. Where as I'm tall and have more of an hour glass shape. Her top weight was 205 and mine is 318) But I decided that I don't care. It's only a number and I am not a number. I am making it to goal this time and who cares that I once weighed 318. The only thing it signifies is how hard I've worked to get my body back under control.

I have a sister in law who also has asked how much I've lost and while I don't tell her my current weight I have told the amount I've lost.

I guess what I'm saying is... It is a scary thing to divulge your weight or your highest weight. It really depends on how much you trust that person not to make rude remarks. I guess the thinner you get the easier it will be to be truthful and blunt and not give a flying flip if they are shocked by it.

I was just thinking today that right now I can say I've lost 54 lbs but eventually I will be saying I've lost 160 lbs (which is a whole person by the way) Do I actually want people to know that I was that fat??? The answer is that they already knew it. They could see it without me telling them. But now I can be proud of what an accomplishment me getting to a normal size and a healthier me actually was.

Anyway that's my take on it

Julie Huck
318/264/160