View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 09:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

Welcome to the club. Get ready for the phrase "Isn't that the diet that is no good for you?"(like carrying around and extra couple hundred pounds is good for you) or "Oh I could never give up. . ." and then they proceed to list all the foods you are trying hard to forget exist.

Well I was not part of the size acceptance movement. . .but I had accepted my size. . .it was better than bulemia (which I had for 10 yrs) and it was better than always feeling like I was failing. I am damn cute. . .so I did not let the poundage stop me. I shopped at the 'fat chick shops' and used the 'fat chick catalogs'. .. to me these were/are discriptive not pejorative terms. Although in the back of my mind is the reality that the women you see out there and active well into their 80's are not the 'fat chicks'. . .but late last summer came the last straw. I wanted to buy a spring/fall jacket and out of the hundreds of coats in front of me in the fat chick section of Burlington Coats I could not find one I liked that fit me. 2X and 3X were just not doing it. That made an impression on me. I started Curves a month later. It took me several more months before I started Atkins. I have never been on a diet for this long with this much sucess. And I feel like a skinny person even though my weight loss is barely noticable. . .but I know this will work. I feel better, have a ton more energy (well I am lying about that right now. . .been rehearsing for a musical til 10:30 pm everynight this week and I am exhausted.. . .but I auditioned before I started Atkins so my life won't begin with my weight loss. . .it will just make my life easier, healthier and longer.) redawn