View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 16:20

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 330/258.2/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%
Post Results of "Rachel's way" experiment

I did well for a couple of days, but I started noticing that my stomach was shrinking a lot due to not overeating. This is great, but I wasn't able to eat as much at RM, leaving me more hungry during the day. Even with the effects of the readjusted insulin levels. If I tried to eat enough to get me through to the next RM, I was uncomforably full.

My conclusion - this is a great "Quick Induction" that works very well for a day or two to jumpstart your weight loss, insulin readjustment, and craving reduction. Longer than that and it becomes more difficult to get all the nutrients you need, eat to your bodies needs and comfort, and make it from one reward meal to the next without food.

I'd say that this is one of those methods that would be great if you find yourself getting off track, or if you gain a few pounds in water weight, or just want to break a stall. I agree that this can be detrimental, or at the very least ineffectual, on a long term basis.

Sorry it took me so long to update. I hope that this helps someone. BTW, I am starting over again today - no food but the RM. It's amazing how quickly the cravings go away. Especially knowing that I can have some of the many carbs in the house with my reward meal.

Melissa