#13   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 12:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152/131/120 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Hello all,

I've been reading your posts and am so glad I stopped by this website! I have been feeling so depressed because of my weight and how difficult it is to lose it. I've realized that I use food to forget the troubles in my life and how unhappy i have been so many years. Now that I am controlling what I eat (with a low carb diet plan), I have to confront all those issues that have been eating at me for so long.

Tonya, I'm so sorry you are going through such a hard time. I understand how you feel--I've been there as well! My last boyfriend refused to sleep with me when I began to gain weight. I had gone back to school and was under tremendous pressure but that didn't matter to him. I felt so hurt and the continual rejection ruined my self-esteem. I'm trying to rebuild it now. Don't let this man poison your mind against yourself. Love yourself and treat yourself kindly. You are not alone in your struggle! Take care and know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I always think of the line from that movie (I forget the name)--a little bit of pressure + time= success. Just push a little every day (with a low carb diet and exercise) and you will be on your way!

Best wishes,
Talinka