Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 07:40

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: New and loosing inches, yet stalled in weight loss

Quote:
Originally posted by roxie19142
Hi, I have been on protein power for 3 weeks, and I have lost 15 pounds, yet now I have stalled in weight loss-I have stalled for about a week now. I have lost inches-major inches-2 off my waist-2 off my bust-and 1 and 1/2 off my hips. I know I have lost alot of 3 weeks, yet I'm new to this type of diet and I'm unsure if this is normal. I'm just so used to loosing weight over inches, so I'm trying to understand why this is happening? Should I just throw out my scale.

Roxie, congrats on those 15 lbs! Nice job

And congrats - you're not really stalled. You've just had a pause in fat loss as it's reflected on the scale. You're losing inches = You're shrinking. In the scheme of things what would you rather have, a scale number that reads xyz or 4 inches off your waistline? I know what I'd pick!

As for normal - it's 'average' to lose 10% of the weight you want to lose during the first 2 weeks. Losses after that slow to 5% per month.

As for throwing out the scale - you're more than welcome to! Here's a thread with some links to past posts on this every discussion

Aren't you more than a number?

Nat