#15   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 07:07
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Szar-

42 is a good number! I was extremely saddened when Adams died. I like 3.14159.

Nat-As one of the scale obsessed, I hear you and I think you are right. As someone already mentioned, we have been brainwashed to a certain extent. There are weight charts that you are supposed to fit into and there is the BMI that doctors use which is also not entirely accurate as it does not take into consideration muscle mass. I have tried to set reasonable goals for myself, not all of which are based upon the number on the scale. Actually, my weight goal is at the upper end of the range for my height and I chose that because I wanted more muscle mass. Having multiple goals is important for me because I can see progress and measure success on any number of levels. I have noticed that my actual weight has become less important to me in respect to some of my other goals-but I think that is because I have come closer to my goal weight than I ever thought I would. Perhaps we should begin to list other goals we have that take focus away from just being a number on a scale.

I have a:
waist size goal
hip size goal
clothes size goal
fitness goal (I want bigger biceps, more cardio endurance, more flexability, to be able to do boy push ups...)
body fat percentage goal-I want to see all those cool muscles

Many of these are also numbers, but I am a quantitative kind of girl. I like to track numbers and graph them.