#8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-03, 19:47

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by RGale
For me, at my size, that changing number (unreliable as it may be) is the only visible indication of change that I'm likely to have for a very long time. I could lose another 50 lbs and still not have it show.
Point taken, Ruth. I remember well what it was like to lose 24 lbs, and be so excited, and have no one notice

I have to think, though, that adopting a LC WOL, feeling better physically and having that sense of control (that was a big one for me) helps. You know you're doing something that is good for yourself. Doesn't that count toward seeing a change? Knowing that eventually you're going to be at that point where you won't need the tangible lies - that has to count too, right?

Wanda I almost did not recognize you You're right - deprogramming is necessary. The more you read / see / hear / are exposed to new ideas the easier they are to accept. So lets spread the word!

omgiam30, Thank you. Good luck to you!

Quote:
Originally posted by KoKo
Since I've been able to exercise again (getting back on track was difficult after a back problem) even although I am not seeing great results on the scale.... I do:

KoKo, if you lose the part after ... a back problem) and you've taken two big steps forward

Jon, I've always been partial to 3!

Nat