View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-21-17, 10:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286.8/257.7/190 Female 70 inches  (5'10")
BF:
Progress: 30%

In the first week or two, before my cravings for off plan food disappeared, I simply allowed myself to binge on anything on the Atkins 72 induction "acceptable foods list." My house is filled with junk because my fiancé is one of those lucky bastards who eats whatever he wants and never gains weight. 😉 So, while packing his lunch with little Debbies and chips and pasta, I would eat cheese or pepperoni. When I wanted to have a giant bowl of sugary cereal, which was often my go-to during binges, I would eat a pound of bacon, or a bowl of whipped heavy cream with Splenda. You get the idea. I am a binge eater. That has always been my biggest problem, so in the beginning, I binged. I just made sure it was on high fat acceptable on plan foods. Now I rarely get the urge to binge and when I do, i physically cannot consume the amount of food I once could. Those first couple of weeks can be hell, but if you're keeping your carbs super low, your cravings should diminish greatly or even disappear after that. It becomes less difficult to resist than you ever could've imagined. Best of luck to you!! Breaking the very real addiction to sugar and carbs seems nearly impossible at the time but it is so worth it. My biggest challenge now, beyond losing the weight of course, is to remember that even though I feel in control, I must remain vigilant, especially after reaching my goal. Once an addict, always an addict. I wish you the very best!!!