#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 23:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 136/146/150
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default pure sucralose powder

One of the sticky threads in the discussion fora refers to the unavailability of unadulterated sucralose in your country. Johnson and Johnson have told me that there is no demand for this in the U.S . In Australia we are not treated like such morons. I believe your local status in the marketplace will change shortly . The mainstream medical acceptance of the health benefits of L.C. ing is developing its own unstoppable momentum. Isn't it fun to be a nutritional revolutionary! But it seems to have it's attendant disadvantages.
So....
we can supply :
(1) splenda brand sucralose tablets witch have .3 kjoule per tab. They are tabletized with small amounts of lactose which is why they are not zero carb. 6.5mg sucralose/ tab- equivalent in sweetness to 1 teaspoon sucrose. 300 tabs / Packet. Convenient to use and measure. $A 10.20 /packet+ $A ~20 P&H for up to 15 packets.

By the way, the net is full of dubiously documented scaremongering about sucralose. I've read as much as I can stomach. Do your own research. All I can say is that gram for gram I'd much rather be eating sucralose than anything that my body recognizes as carbohydrate! Sucralose is bound to kill me a lot slower than any other sweetener currently available, with the possible exception of stevia . Unfortunately stevia, IMHO ,tastes like sweet paint stripper in most foods. YMMV!

(2) for the purists:
(a) 25% sucralose liquid concentrate. In a water base with some potassium sorbate and sodium benzoate (0.01% of each) as preservatives. 50 gm bottle . i.e. 750 drops. Each drop 250 mg. sucralose = 40 tspns sucrose. If you want to use it by the tspn I suggest you dilute it with distilled water , measure it by the drop and keep it in the refrigerator. - $A 30 + $A20 p& h. for up to 10 X 50gm bottles.

(b) micronized sucralose powder . 50 gm bottle. 1gm = 0. 125 tspn = 154 tspns sucrose. $A 125 + $20 p&h. Believe me , you get very accurate at judging the amout that will fit on a pinhead. One pinhead of pure sucralose is about the same sweetness as two teaspoons of sucrose.

You shouldn't use the powder if there is a draft /wind passing by.
It is a very fine powder! It is very soluble in water /alcohol and not very soluble in lipids i.e. fats. I am apalled that Mc Neil ( the company that markets sucralose in your country prevents low carbers having access to a zero carb form of Splenda(tm). Good luck!
Sponsored Links