View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jan-14-17, 13:39
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi. I'm not going to bug you about the cheating time - I read your other thread. I'm a sports fan and I probably would have done the same at such an event. Few regrets. But something worth mentioning is that carb cheats can trash your immune system. I bet you wouldn't have gotten sick if you stayed somewhat LC. I haven't had a cold since 2011, and I work at a post-secondary institution in which not that many students are local. It's an absolute freaking germ factory. Every September/October, coworkers are sick left and right, when all the new students and traveling students bring their germs. I "should" be sick at least 3-5 times a year, like I was pre-LC, and I guess like the average person, but it just doesn't happen anymore.

I agree with the previous soup suggestions. There are lots of ways to have LC soup. We also have a ton of recipes in our Soups/Sauces/Apps forum. My favorite one for avoiding colds is Thai coconut curry. If my fiance is sick, or I feel that telltale ear ache/scratchy throat, coconut is one of my weapons to nip the bugs in the bud. I eat as much coconut oil as I can stand. It contains lauric acid, which has strong anti-viral/anti-bacterial properties.

Hope you're feeling 100% again soon.