View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 19:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%

This post is very true for me as well. I have found that in the last year or so (in which i have put on about 30lbs), I have felt quite a bit less attractive, and have found that my appetite for sex has diminished greatly. I had lost 40lbs before, and felt fantastic - sexy and confident, and then it started to slowly creep back on when i got into a serious relationship (going out for dinners a lot will do that). I found myself very critical of myself (my boyfriend never ever said anything, and in fact got upset with me when i would ask for the lights out, ask him to not be grossed out by my jiggly tummy, etc) (seeing that in text right now is terrible - the things we think/say to ourselves we wouldn't say to our worst enemy!). I found myself avoiding any sort of intimate situations because I am embarrassed and ashamed that i had gained all that weight back. I think most of my lack of enthusiasm in the bedroom came totally from unreal expectations I placed on myself. A lot of time i don't think that men really notice - they are just happy that they are 'gettin' some'.... lol. Thanks for the post - it is nice to know that i'm not alone.