#360   ^
Old Wed, Sep-14-16, 20:13

Plan: Keto (LCHFMP) + IF
Stats: 265/188/150 Female 61 inches
BF:Highest weight 290
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiSue
I heartily agree. For those who can fast for extended periods without issue, good for them. But when people are getting lightheaded and ill from extended fasts--that is NOT what Dr. Fung envisioned.

He talks about extending if it works for you. But getting sick from fasting is proof positive that it's not working.

I probably eat around 1500 calories a day, mostly fat and protein, of course, and get them in a hearty breakfast and a good sized dinner. I have an extended time between those two meals, and 13 or 14 hours between dinner and breakfast the next day.

It works well for me, I'm continuing to lose and I rarely experience any hunger outside my normal eating times. I got messed up this weekend with traveling, and not getting my normal breakfast. But things are very much back to normal.

I agree with this. I am on the DietDoctor membership site and I watch all the videos. Dr. Fung says that fasting is ultimately flexible, and you do what works for you, and if a longer fast makes you feel ill, then you should stop. He also cautions that extended fasts should be monitored by your physician. In his clinic, his patients start at about 3 days and continue on based on how they feel -- but then, again, he is usually trying to reverse their T2D or morbid obesity.

I, personally, am in overall good health and so can fast without any problems other than occasional hunger. In fact, I usually get quite a rush of energy and clarity during that time. But, it's not for everyone.