View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 17:13
Registered Member

Plan: Aitkins
Stats: 200/188/170
BF:
Progress: 40%

Thanks, it's good to know I'm not alone in experiencing these feelings. I just don't understand why, a month ago before I started this diet, I loved the way I looked in the mirror and felt very confident. Sure, I was carrying a few more pounds than I was comfortable with, but that didn't translate into any sort of ugly self image. I felt beautiful, in a voluptuous sort of way.

But these days, I'm really feeling fat and ugly, and I'm a slave to my scale. I always swore I wouldn't let this happen to me, but I guess I screwed up somehow.

Jon, I don't think you went too far. I think many of us feel the same way. My husband and I were discussing it just this morning, how more and more, there is an unnatural paradigm of feminine beauty held up in front of us. We can all say we don't like it, but maybe the media knows something we don't want to admit, because they keep selling us the chicks with the nosejobs, face lifts, boob jobs, lip implants and laminated teeth. I think only when we reject it and choose real women, will they stop shoving it down our throats.