View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-28-16, 08:34

Plan: Atkins/eating to my meter
Stats: 170/132/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hello, and welcome! I can see a few areas in what you posted that might be holding you back.

First, have you thought about adhering to one plan to get started? I started with Atkins but as you can see there are several low carb plans you could follow to learn the ropes.

Second, on your LC days it seems you are hardly eating any food at all. Why is that?

On your non-LC days...Why do you have non-LC days? If you stay LC all the time (no bread, potatoes, etc.) your cravings for non-LC foods are diminished. You can also achieve and stay in ketosis, which for many is an appetite suppressant but more importantly, it accelerates your weight loss.

Alcohol - I had to give up alcohol to lose weight. That doesn't mean I won't ever have a drink again in my life, only that it held me back SEVERELY from reaching any of my goals. There may not be carbs in your drink but besides contributing empty calories, drinking alcohol interferes with how your body metabolizes everything you've eaten that night as well. It may also be making you more prone to off-plan snacking, or maybe that was just me.

You've lost seven pounds of the 28 you wanted to lose; put another way that's 25% of your goal, which is pretty great for six weeks! But I think you could be doing better - and more importantly, I think you could be more satisfied with how you're eating - if you make a few changes.

Just my opinion and your mileage may vary. I wish you luck on your journey!