View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 03:42

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 415/338.8/170 Female 177cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 31%

Hi there and congrats on sticking with it even though you've had a few stumbling blocks.....

I'd suggest upping your vegetable intake, on Induction you are supposed to have 3 cups of veggies and OWL's then you would have more, if you are only having that small about of vegetables then thats no where near what you should be eating, add a salad of chargrilled pepper and mushrooms with mayonnaise or full fat dressing, or expand your veggie eating with some beans or lettuce or cabbage, there are great recipes here on the forum you should give a go....

If you are stalling then the frankfurts would be the first thing I'd be letting go .... I'd get some pure protein into your system not something that often has flour and such in it to pad out the filling..... If you are in Induction then I'd be avoiding them all together, Atkins suggests avoiding processed meats during this time and frankfurts are one of the highest processed meats there is...... If you are on the other hand just sticking to Induction levels of carbs and eating nuts/seeds, fruit etc then limit the frankfurts to maybe once a week or so...

As for being scared about eating too many calories, don't be, it is weird to switch your way of thinking from low fat low calorie to this WOL but it works HONEST!!!!! besides you are not losing weight doing what you are doing right now so whats it going to hurt you to try increasing your calories .....

I'm just echoing what people have already said here, I think you need to increase your intake, increase your fat and definately increase those veggies .......

and have a wonderful, tasty time doing it

best of luck

Fiona