View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-03, 21:12

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Well....I can say with confidence that my DH did NOT marry me for my knockout body. How can I say that? I weighed more when I married him 17 years ago than I do now.
Not that he's not very supportive of my efforts to loose weight, but his concerns are more that he wants me around for a good many years to come than that he wants a sexier wife between the sheets.
While sex is mostly in a man's head, our sexiness is mostly in ours. Because of years of being presented with unrealistic ideals of what "sexy" is by the media, we women are way to harsh on ourselves when it comes to how we perceive our attractiveness to the other sex. Many have completely bought into the notion that if only we could be size "X", life would be wonderful, both in general and in the bedroom.
But it's not just weight that causes issues for women. There's also bust size, nose size, the size and shape of our hips/butt/thighs/lips...you name it. Studies have shown that no matter how physically attractive others perceive a woman to be, she is often critical of some part of her body and feels that it decreases her physical beauty. Plastic surgeons are doing a booming business for a good reason!
We need to lighten up on ourselves and learn to love ourselves at any size. I think men find self-confidence and a woman who appreciates who she is, flaws and all, far more sexy than some plastic version of perfection. I know mine does.