View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-03, 18:04

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 325/287/150
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hey! I won't address the food issues, but your description of your exercise concerns me. When you're doing cardio exercise (walking, biking, etc.), you should never be so out of breath that you can't talk to someone standing beside you. If you're that out of breath, then you need to slow down a bit and let your heart rate ease up.

Cardio exercise is very difficult when one is large (I know from experience!). I would suggest you pick up some hand weights that weigh about 2 lbs each (here in the States we call them "dumbbells"), and do some very simple weight training. There are a zillion good books on the subject, OR you can go to this website to learn more about working with hand weights. You could also get some ankle weights for working your lower body, <B>but</B> <U>do not walk wearing ankle weights -- very bad for your hip joints</U>.

Weight training is very beneficial because it builds muscle, which is the most metabolically active tissue in the body -- muscle burns fat even while you're sleeping!! You may not see a weight loss immediately, but you should see a change in inches and the fit of your clothes within a week or two.

Hope this is helpful. Hang in there, and don't give up!