View Single Post
  #303   ^
Old Wed, Jun-08-16, 21:09

Plan: Keto (LCHFMP) + IF
Stats: 265/188/150 Female 61 inches
BF:Highest weight 290
Progress: 67%

I'm one of those who do find it easy to fast, and I do believe it's because I'm in ketosis and not all that hungry.

But, the pounds do NOT melt off. I have been overweight or obese since an adolescent, and have been dieting most of the time ever since (40+ years) -- I believe I probably have long-term insulin resistance, and that my body is incredibly, stubbornly, holding onto it's extra 100 pounds of fat. I think it would rather eat air than give up that fat.

So even while fasting I may lose a couple of pounds, and then gain it back. Maybe, just maybe, the scale is slowly inching downward. It's that small amount that keeps me fasting -- because my previous very low carb WOE did not result in weight loss after the initial 2 weeks of induction. Full out ketosis, 10-20 carbs, netted me 0 pounds lost for months (and I gave up).

So even these very small victories that come from fasting are worth it to me at the moment. I was pre-diabetic and now my fbgs are in the 70-80's, so that's great. And it seems I am actually starting to enjoy fasting. I feel really good and energized, somehow. Is that psychological? I don't know, but I'll keep it up for awhile and let you guys know if any kind of "melting" occurs.