#41   ^
Old Wed, Mar-09-16, 16:31

Plan: atkins/paleo/IF
Stats: 186.5/159.0/160 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
Good article in a mainstream newspaper no less! IF is still viewed with skepticism and considered unhealthy by many who are used to eating 3 meals a day with snacks, as they've heard for many years. Interesting quote here:

Amazing article, there was barely a smear of low fat bias. Unbelievable for the NYTimes. Where's Jane Brody these days?

Quote:
There's a huge advantage for those eating LCHF, as fat adaptation is much easier and has likely already happened. It takes much less time to reach ketosis and burn fat without the prolonged sensation of hunger or cravings.

You're so right. I feel so lucky to have discovered Atkins first. With low carb, it's easy, easy, to learn what carbs are and to limit them without limiting fats. Adapting to Paleo (with dairy), was for me, just a baby step to eliminate certain fats, grains. I think it would have been too confusing if I wasn't already eating and trained in LCHF. And now with IF, it's no big deal, you're just adding a weekly session of boiling bones for two days! People all around me, well er, a few people are giving it a try and have said to me, I just can't do it! Well, I tell 'm , "get LCHF adapted first." Thank you Atkins!