View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 06:00

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 188.4/188.4/132 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hiya Karen

The family is definitley willing to go through with it, as he is really getting chubby. Currently he is eating a lot of carbs, especially refined carbs, but so does the rest of the family and they are as skinny as can be (my friend has started to force herself to eat extra chocolate, as she keeps losing weight and is already a size 6 ). He also seems to be a book case of a carb addict, if there ever was one. If he sees sweets/bread/pasta, he is like a child posessed and wont stop eating it until it is all gone....

I did have more calories in the list before, but thought as he is only 10, that he might not need 2000 cals a day ? It is easily changed.

I had another idea today. I think I might get my friend to make a food diary of what he eats now, and then just half the carbs. That should have an effect ?

I know the Quorn Products have quite a lot of carbs, but they were the only ones I could get nutrition info on on-line. I think they normally use more soy based stuff and that is lower in carbs.

What I am really struggling with is the protein amount. How much does a 10-year-old need ?

Thanks
Sabine