#8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 13:12
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 240/206.5/165 Female 67 inches
BF:50%/43.0/23%
Progress: 45%
Smile

Just thought I'd drop this into the conversation...the new range for TSH is .4 to 2.0 THe old range was .4-5.5. So margarita...you are BARELY out of range under the new guidelines and in the middle for the old ones. I've taken Synthroid (baaad for me), Synthroid w/ Cytomel (even worse), and I"m finally stable on Levoxyl. SYnthroid and Levoxyl are both T4 but are made by different manufacturers. Yes they are synthetic but it really just depends on how your body processes the pill. SYthroid did terrible things to me (edema, weight GAIN, sluggishness) but as soon as I started on Levoxyl, all those went away and I felt imediately better within days.

Also..leora, there are thyroid supplements out there...the name escapes me now...but you can buy those at vitamin stores or on line (I think GNC even has one??) but you could try one and see if that helps. That and keep looking for a doctor to help you. It may be something else IN ADDITION to a mild thyroid problem. For me it was allergies. Once the allergies had been addressed, I started losing weight (thank to LCing) my levels all got better and my TSH went from 5 to 2.5.

Good luck ya'll