View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Nov-10-15, 08:33
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Do you exercise? That is supposed to help. You might try cutting back on the caffeine -- or at least changing your diet back to what it was when your BP was better. That way you can see if it is something that you are eating. From what I've read, some people are sensitive to salt and get an adverse reaction with their BP. You could try reducing your salt intake for a week or two and see if that has an effect.

My BP varies quite a bit. It is certainly much better than it was, but it bounces around by 10 or 15 points at any given time and I've yet to figure out why. Stress will raise it for sure, but there are times that I think it should be lower than it is because I'm fully relaxed.

It is still fairly rare that I get a reading below 120/80 -- so I sure hope my doctor doesn't adopt this new recommendation (see Janet's post) and push BP meds my way again. I'm quite happy NOT having to get up 3 or 4 times a night to go to the bathroom. Never getting a decent nights sleep can't be healthy, either. I'd rather stay prescription free if at all possible.