View Single Post
  #164   ^
Old Thu, Oct-15-15, 01:41

Plan: Atkins & IF
Stats: 260/213/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hi

I remember asking you maintainers on a different thread some questions about your success 5 years ago. I remember Judy challenging me to keep a journal and to log my food daily. I didn't. I'm here 5 years later, having endured a really sick pregnancy, my thyroid crashing, and severe anemia (thought to be due to my monthly hemorrhage) and 30 pounds heavier. 😔 Why didn't I listen back then?! I had some maintainers give me some tough love back then and I only looked at it with gratitude. Some person, whom I've never met, is taking time out of their life to invest in mine! I was humbled and greatly appreciated it. But I didn't listen. Melissa (forgot her member name...melibsmile?) tried to tell me that soy was likely bloating me and that I needed to get my thyroid checked...years before it crashed. Did I listen? Nope. I...considered it..a lot...but did what I darn well pleased. She encouraged me to plan better because she noticed that despite my best intentions, things seemed to spiral downhill when I failed to plan. I'm getting better about that but still am not even close to being prepared on a weekly basis. My point in that pity party is to say that had I listened to the maintainers 5 years ago, I wouldn't have had to pull my fat clothes back out of the closet right now. And to be honest, I'm not sure what's worse, having newbies argue with you guys or people like me, who know that what you say is true...but who don't seem to change. 😔