View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-12-15, 09:05

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Here is the doctor recommended Arthritis/Bursitis diet. It works for most other chronic inflammation problems too.

Try it for a month and see. Most people I recommend this to see great improvement in less than a month.

Me? My hip hurt so much I couldn't walk two blocks without sitting down, and to drive a car I needed a pack of blue-ice behind my hip to numb the pain of pressing the gas pedal. Now? Completely pain free and I walk 4 miles a day in about an hour.

Doc said try the diet first, and the diet worked. No more anti-inflammatory supplements for me.

The two biggest food triggers for me were egg yolks and chicken. I was already low carb so that wasn't a problem. I can eat nightshades without a problem, but my DW cannot. I'd advise eliminating them until you are pain free and then introducing foods one at a time to see if it bothers you.

And read labels, Mayo is full of egg yolks.

Try the dietary approach first, and if that doesn't work, take stronger action.

Foods that may contribute to chronic inflammation are foods with a high glycemic index (foods that convert to sugar quickly), such as fruit juices, sugars, simple starches, or rice cakes, foods heavy in polyunsaturated or saturated fats, and foods high in arachidonic acid. Some specific foods to avoid are:

* Fatty cuts of red meat (high in saturated fats)
* Organ meats: liver, kidney, and so forth (very high in arachidonic acid)
* Egg yolks (high in arachidonic acid) [my addition: fowl is even higher in AA than egg yolks]
* Pasta (high glycemic index)
* Juices (high glycemic index)
* Rice, especially rice cakes (high glycemic index)
* White bread (substitute whole grain breads such as rye or whole wheat)
* Nightshade Plants bother many people (tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, peppers, paprika)

Glycemic index charts can be found on the Internet.

Better choices are foods with a low glycemic index and foods that are heavy in monounsaturated fats. Some specific good foods are:

* Salmon and other fish
* Oatmeal
* Fresh fruits and vegetables
* Olives and olive oil
* Peanuts and other nuts
* Whey proteins

Supplements:
* Nettle Leaf
* S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe) 400-1200mg/day
* Nexrutine
* 5-Loxin
Boswellic acid (5-Loxin) is the active component of the
Boswellia serrata tree native to India
* Ginger
* Glucosamine Suflate
* Chondroitin Sulfate
* Willow Bark
* Omega-3-Oils (Omega-3-Fatty Acids) Fish Oil
* Antioxidants
* Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA)
* Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) 2,000-3,000mg/d

Ice it, support it.

Give it a month, and see. Let us know either way if you try it.

Bob