#90   ^
Old Sat, Sep-19-15, 09:24

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightnow
Given what's been said about the narrowing of doctor 'options' and human element, I think we could improve this system:

I go to the medical center where someone who can give instructions and if needed draw blood or whatever tells me to strip and walk into a room that takes a stupid number of camera / laser-light / blood measurements of everything imaginable. 5 minutes later I dress and enter another room where a ridiculously handsome guy (or gal) spends 5 minutes talking with me as if I am Truly Important To Them, wishes me well, and I go home feeling better about it all. The computer will follow up with a boilerplate report and assigned medications based on various readings. They will show up at a local outpatient counter, where I'll have to swipe my arm weekly anyway to make sure I'm taking all the drugs officially assigned me Or Else(tm).

No doctor needed.

If it sounds terrifyingly Orwellian, it is. But it's a logical extension of where we're going with it all.

PJ

Exactly, this is where we are headed in the USA at least. Government involvement making the health insurance companies fabulously wealthy while imposing Standards of Care, which are usually based on health beliefs developed to protect the insurer rather than on facts to protect the patients in many cases. We have another thread currently in the Dr. Bernstein forum that is discussing the ADA and the dietary recommendations for T2 diabetics with patient responses of frustration and alarm on a FB page because the "Standards of Care" in this case aren't working. This will become a part of all this, and if a patient is identified as difficult due to resisting the recommended care, insurance could be revoked for that individual.