#8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-14-15, 01:50

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/175/147 Female 5ft 5ins
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thank you for replies
I am past all menopausal symptoms.
I did say 16 hour fast but it's not a deliberate fast as such! I just find in the mornings when I am rushing to work I dont feel hungry and would prefer to save my calories/carbs for evening. Doctor didn't actually say cut back on salt, I just thought (with past medical rhetoric) that would be proactive. I have been skipping breakfast on a work day for some time and never been bothered by it, so maybe there is a link with the reduced salt intake.
Interesting about insulin carrying salt, I have been at the lower edge of my carb range recently, so maybe something to do with that. I've never been LC and low salt before!
No coconut oil and I was using the Lite salt with potassium but I cut back on that as well! Measured 5g out this morning after reading the Salt Thread (Nancy LC). It is more than I thought. I imagine that figure is (total) made up with what is in processed food like cheese, Mayo etc! Anyway I plan to go back to my previous salting (which was to taste) and keep an eye of symptoms of low magnesium!