View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 16:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/122/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 91%

Hi Margarita,

I've use Snythroid, Unithroid, Levoxyl, Armour,Cytomel w/ Snythroid, Armour w/Levoxyl,and now Westthyroid. Westthyroid is another natural brand with both T4 & T3 from pigs.

The addition of Cytomel to Snythroid was great for a few days and helped resolve things that were not being helped by Snythroid alone. It had immediate effects since you don't have to wait for T3 to be effective. However I was very sensitive to the sythetic T3, it upset my stomach and after a few days I was waking up in the middle of the night reguritating!

The Armour alone was great but my old Doc wouldn't let me get enough of a dose to bring my TSH down below 4.75. On my own I started adding in a bit of Levoxyl that helped a great deal until they (King Pharmacys) changed the mix and the process of Levoxyl causing the same problems that I experience with the Cytomel.

Changed Doc's and he put me on Westthyoid. Developed a problem that I now know is unrelated but it scared me so I had him reduce my Westthyroid and supplement with Levoxyl.

This time I had learned a trick from one of Mary Shomon's newsletter and the Levoxyl didn't bother me as much. I put it in a gel capsule.

After I figured out that the problem that I was experiencing wasn't thyroid or medication related I've gone back to Westthyroid alone.

So I guess what I'm telling you is that my preference is Natural thryoid.