#4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 11:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Hi Toe...

Sounds like you've got the right excitement going to kick off a good induction! The decision to do it is the first part of the success!!

Let me give you my spiel... ... to make this the most effective jumpstart, there are a few things:

First...NO atkins bars, shakes or mixes for the induction time! I know...bummer...but these products are not allowed right now, and even afterwards, they tend to be "stall" foods for many. Later down the road when you're really losing, you can try a bar here or there and see what it does for you. But they're a real no-no for most of us

Your menu foods look fine...don't worry about too many eggs or too much fat...no counting calories or anything right now... however... WATCH the amount of processed meats, because they are loaded with stuff and can also impact our loss... you ar right to question the sugar content...easy on them. If you can have just the sausage OR the bacon you'd be better off...add a small veggie or another egg if you need more food for breakfast.

Instead of my 2 scrambled eggs with bacon/sausage, now I usually have 2 egg omelet with last night's veggies, add some mushrooms, a little cheese on top, maybe some sour cream... I make it a "BIG" plate but without the breakfast meats now. But don't worry about too many changes, that's just a thought for later.

DRINK your water!!! Keep flushing out your system...and it's great for the skin too!

Add veggies...a big salad for lunch with a scoop of tuna salad, or some ham and turkey, cucumbers, etc. with your favorite dressing... the lettuce is good fiber - hard to have too much of it, and you can still have more veggies with dinner.

I know it's crazy...but it's the FAT that you want in your diet! The science is that your body is changing from a carb-burning system into a fat-burning system... but it can only do that in the absence of carbs. Thus, we limit them severely, then build them back up to a maintenance level. The fats serve a couple of purposes...one is to satiate your system and cut the cravings for carbs! Don't be afraid to add butter to the pan...

You CAN eat too much on Atkins. This may be a bit controversial, but I know why I didn't lose for so long. Remember, LEGAL doesn't mean UNLIMITED...just until you've had enough. Many of us track our carb and fat percentages, so...

Check out fitday.com -- it's a great way to track your foods, totally free and will break down all your numbers for you!

Also, start a journal! It's a GREAT way to socialize around here...track your progress and give you a place all your own.

Congratulations on doing so well so far!! You're in the right place for support, motivation and lots of great info... check in often!

Good luck!!