View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 10:35

Plan: Charles Clark
Stats: 265/244/133
BF:
Progress: 16%

Yes Mark I do think that they are building up Atkins just to knock it down. We keep hearing comments like "Atkins is in the lead, but will it last?" etc.

What I find amazing is how difficult most of the ones doing the Atkins are finding it. With the exception of the lady in Edinburgh (yes, she is single and she is looking very hard for a man) the prevailing attitude has been that it is too difficult. Basically it looks like they are only trying the recipes in the book, and we all know that you can adapt almost any meat, fish or poultry recipe to this programme (what could be nicer than a piece of really nice steak, in a lovely rich cream sauce served with loads of roasted veggies?). It really is just a case of lack of imagination or could it be that their eating habits before Atkins veered towards the chips with everything school?

I don't find cutting carbs a problem at all, and the increase in the amount of vegetables I am eating is amazing, which means my vitamin and mineral intake has soared - which is a bonus.