View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 09:24
Plemorphist

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 150/129/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:??%/??%/ 22%
Progress: 105%

Hi! Sorry to hear about your friends daughter. I had a cousin who passed from it in her 20's. I myself have a candida overgrowth (a yeast infection). The mycotoxins released by the yeast can severly damage the immune system bringing about many different autoimmune diseases. The treatment is not invasive. It can be done holistically or with priscription medication. But the one the one thing that must be done is a total change in diet (along with the medication to correct the over growth). LC diets remove most of the things that feed the yeast and continue it's growth. All anti-candida diets are LC. There's nothing to loose in trying this. If it dosen't correct the problem, she just might get a little healthier and build up her immune system, which isn't a bad thing either way. Start with Dr. Crook's The Yeast Connection Handbook. It's available at any good book store. It's written simply, easy to understand, and list many other books and publications to read. And see if the doctor she's using will be in cooperation with trying this program. It will make it easier on everyone. Good Luck and let me know what she thinks.

Liz