Old Sun, Jul-05-15, 07:01

Plan: Atkins, mostly
Stats: 192/161.4/140 Female 5ft 5in
BF:way too much!
Progress: 59%
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
The news calls 65 year old people elderly! What?

I've lived in Senior Communities. I always feel that I don't belong. I presently go to a gym people can't even attend unless they're 50, but I still don't feel that I'm old - or elderly. Shudder! Elderly.

I've attended classes for seniors, I look around me and.....well, you know, same story. What am I doing here?

I just don't seem to get with the program. I'm 70. That means that I'm old. I'm Senior. I'm elderly.

I still don't belong. They're still older than me. I guess I'll never learn.

I hope it's ok to jump in here...

I turned 60 and had my first bout of sciatica nerve pain that lasted about a month. It was horrific. It was like a "welcome to old age" gift. This, and the pic of me at my surprise 60th b'day party woke me up like a bucket of ice water! I don't want to be fat. I don't want to be immobile. I don't want to be sick as I grow older. I didn't even know that I had grown OLDER until that day.

Now, I'm noticing that younger people are trying to help me. Carry my groceries. Open doors for me. Let me go ahead of them in line. One day I was walking into the WaWa (east coast convenience store) and a lady older than me held the door open for me!! I really hate the respect and deference I'm getting these days!

I used to become incensed when a cashier would give me a senior citizen discount without even asking. But now, I try to find the youngest cashier in the store so I can get that senior citizen discount without having to show my ID.

The women in my family seem to be long livers. I do not want to look forward to being sick and stiff and unhappy into my 90's! So time to act NOW!