View Single Post
  #141   ^
Old Mon, May-25-15, 20:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212.0/175.0/145 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Back from our weekend trip with a group of friends. I'm not sure what to expect when I get on the scale tomorrow. On Saturday, we went to a restaurant in Lancaster PA which serves the food family style in dishes that are passed around and refilled when emptied. I had good intentions when I went, but the restaurant was called "Good and Plenty" and believe me, the food was good and I ate plenty! I told my husband when we walked out that I remembered why I didn't eat like that anymore. I didn't even get back to our hotel before I had to use the bathroom so I'm not sure how much of it my body retained. I have never been one to have stomach trouble, but this meal went right through me!

This morning instead of going to a restaurant for breakfast as planned, they decided to eat at our hotel where there was only high carb food and no protein which wasn't good for either me or my husband who has Type I diabetes. I love traveling with our friends, but sometimes it is not a good situation when trying to eat LC. Most of them know how I eat but they don't seem to understand that I don't have any food choices when all you have to pick from is cereal, waffles, French toast, bagels, pastries and other high carb foods. However, some days we only ate two meals and I tried to eat on plan the other meals so, hopefully, I'm not up too much.

We traveled all three days, riding around 800 miles. Sometimes all of the sitting and with limited movement on the back of the bike, I tend to retain fluid. I guess I'll see what the scale says tomorrow! No more trips planned until the end of June so I have a month to really concentrate on eating well and starting some exercise.