#5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 23:52
Former Couch Potato

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Don't give up, Amanda!

I'm 35 now, and I spent all of my teen years and my 20s fat. It aint' fun, and you really miss out on a lot. I was so self conscious about my weight that I didn't do all of the things I wish I'd done.

Put it this way, if you give up then in September you'll still be at the same weight - which you're obviously not happy with. But if you tough it out, then you'll be sure to have lost some, if not all of your weight by then.

I'm in the same boat - I had a good start. Twelve and half pounds in the first two weeks. Now, in my third week, I'm yoying back and forth with the same two pounds.

ANY diet slows down after the initial loss. There is no quick fix. But if you stick with it, and get right back on the wagon after you cheat or make a mistake (the very next meal, not the day day or next week), you will be sure to lose. Slow loss is better than no loss. And some weeks will be good and you'll have a whoosh of 2 or 3 pounds. Other weeks the scale won't budge at all.

BUT DON'T GIVE UP!! Being slim and confident is worth the trouble you're going through now. Oh how I wish I could get those years back and really stick to a weight loss plan.

You have the best years of your life ahead of you. Face them confident and strong. Do this for you! I know you can do it. Hang in there. You'll find lots of advice and support here. When you feel like cheating log on instead.

(This is the same pep talk I give myself! Slow but steady!!)

Good luck!!