View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 20:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/230/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 37%

I went on some Diet Center diet. They tested my blood for thyroid, and told me I was hypothyroid, and placed me on a large dose of synthroid. In the meantime, all I could eat was synthetic foods, or "fake foods". You had to buy it from them, and man, was it !!

In that month, I read something about not taking synthroid if you do not *really* need it, which promted me to go to my *real* doctor to get tested again.

I quit taking it, and got tested and found I was indeed in the low end of normal (.02 within low), and the doctor said don't take it ever again. To this day, however, I do think I should be on something for hypothyroid, but finding out the Diet Center went out of business for prescribing this to everyone regardless, made me listen to the doctor.

I quit the diet and started my own form of low-fat, which I actually did for 2 1/2 years. I journaled on paper, every bite, drink, etc. I was *always* hungry.

calories - 900-1000 per day
fat - no more than 7g per day
protein - RDA

Mostly ate boiled chicken and salads with cheese, no dressing.

I got down to 165 lbs and was looking awesome! Before I worked out, which was weight lifting twice a day with yoga, I would carb up a bit with pasta or rice 30 mins prior to lifting.