#4   ^
Old Fri, May-01-15, 18:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 264/158/125 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsmema
- as if everybody else had it all figured out and I was the only one struggling. Ridiculous, I know!

Some people do have it figured out (or think they do) but trust me, we all struggle, most every day. Even the ones who only post positive "I got this down" "life is all rainbows stuff."
I was reading a thread earlier that showed people maintaining for years who are finding themselves struggling with the strait and narrow.
Heck, I cussed out a pop-tart that my son left laying on the TV stand today. (I don't even like them, but they've been the start of many past fails)

You mention falling off plan after so many days.... Are you eating enough? I know I get horrible cravings if I try to be too restrictive with amounts.

If it's truly emotional eating, try eating as much on-plan food as you need to get through it. Not a perfect plan, but it eliminates the physical return of cravings that sugar and grains create. Over time, you'll learn new ways to deal with your emotions, other than food, and you'll be less inclined to eat for emotional reasons. (You're working on progress, not perfection on this stuff)
I keep homemade frozen dinners and LC grab and eat foods on hand. It makes food choices easier when I'm not thinking so clearly.

Something that might also help is breaking things down into small chunks.
Hopefully I'll eat this way forever. But forever is a bit overwhelming, especially in the early days. I commit to "just today", every morning and at every meal/bite. we can do ANYTHING for just one day! and that's where it starts. (I'm approaching day 800 of being 100% on plan, so there's something to that one day at a time thing)
I also broke down my weight loss goals into 10 and sometimes 5 pound increments. Thinking about the total amount seemed so huge and frustrating and it would take me FOREVER. By just focusing on those small chunks, I was able to make that time fly by. (in hindsight that is. still felt like forever some days)

You've got this! Reread your post...... You sound like you're done making and accepting excuses from yourself. And it sounds like you're ready to take responsibility for your actions and your food choices.

That's a huge step! Most people never get there. There's always an excuse. Or it's someone elses fault. Or they "had no choice". Trust me, we have a choice of what we eat. Sometimes that choice isn't our favorite choice and sometimes the choice is choosing to wait to eat until we have acceptable foods available. But we still have a choice.

Jeez, that turned into a rambling book.
Day 1 starts right this minute, if you chose it.