#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-22-03, 16:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 231/180/145 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default beating family hx

Hi-
i'm pushing 30 and I want to beat my families history of obesity and diabetes. Sadly, there is diabetes on both sides of my "LARGE" family. (and I don't mean number of members)

My father passed away just over four years ago and since then I gained about 40lbs, so my goal is to get my weight back down and avoid diabetes that contributed to his early death. I'm inspired by my eldest brother who has done wonderfully following Atkins and I feel if he could do it then so can I.

My mother, who is also diabetic, thinks I am crazy for following this eating plan, but said she will be supportive. Of course, this means in my 1st 15days she baked 11 times, cooked pasta dishes, and many of the other no-no's of following this plan. So, I am looking for some outside support to help me, not only with avoiding her cooking, but keeping my carbs in check.

In the 1st 15 days of following atkins I lost 9 to 10lbs, but for the past 2 weeks I haven't seen a change. So, again I am looking for support and ideas that will help me get back to losing.
Sponsored Links